Rassoul clay is a naturally occurring clay that has been in use for centuries. Rassoul is very rich in minerals and it is an exceptional ingredient in skin. Though studies have shown that minerals in this clay are helpful in various uses.
What is Rhassoul Clay?
Rassoul Clay is an outstanding naturally found reddish brown cosmetic clay that originates from Morroco. Rhassoul clay is organically mined from ancient deposits deep within the Morocco Atlas Mountains.It is formed as a result of natural geothermal processes and volcanic activity.
How it is made?
This clay is extracted(under special conditions) in large clods, then it gets washed, sun-dried and micronized into a smooth powder. The clay contains Magnesium, Iron, Zinc, Calcium, Phosphorus, Sodium, Potassium, lithium, and trace elements.
When first mined, the clay looks as a polished brown and soap-like clay but on further refinement it becomes smooth almost like silken earth. Oxide clay It has a shelf life of 4-5 years.
Moroccan Rhassoul Clay Benefits and Uses
The name “Rassoul” derives from the Arabic word for washing, “Rhassala.” Well-known for its incomparable ability to absorb impurities from the skin and hair and give the skin and hair highly helpful minerals.
According to Amaloils.com, Clinical studies have shown that a single use of Moroccan Rhassoul:
- Improves skin texture (106%)
- Reduces dryness (79%)
- Reduces flakiness (41%)
- Improves skin elasticity / firmness (24%)
- Improves skin clarity (68%)
Other Benefits & Uses of Moroccan Rhassaoul Clay
- The Moroccan Rhassoul clay can be used as a daily cleanser instead of soap.
- When mixed with other ingredients it can be used as a facial scrub. Such ingredients include oats, almonds and essential oils
- Another common use of Rhassoul clay is hair shine restoration. The clay is mixed with Argan oil then the mixture applied to restore hair shine.
- Rhassoul clay is used in home-made spa to soften the skin, remove dead cells and strengthen nails.
- Since early times, Moroccan women have used Ghassoul clay as a hair shampoo. It is said that the clay enhances the hair texture and volume, softens the hair and eliminates dandruff.
- Rhassoul clay naturally has a powerful, negative electromagnetic charge, while the majority of toxins under your skin have a positive charge. This makes Rhassoul treatments ideal for drawing out impurities and detoxifying your skin